Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nicki Minaj

Now I don't want anyone to start judging me immediately after the following comment but... Nicki Minaj is growing on me.

I know, I know... Even I was reluctant when she first came on the scene. Between the fact that she is signed to Young Money (my least favorite) and that every white girl knows all of her lyrics, I could not stand her. But then once I heard her verse on Drake's, "up all night" - I started to gain respect for hip hop's sexiest female artist from Queens, NY.

And then, "Roman's Revenge" came out recently, featuring arguably one of the best ever in the game; Eminem. And let me say, I've only listened to it a few times but I'm into it. Eminem brings back some of his old swagger and drops that double-time flow he's been doing on everything.

Others I have spoke with aren't really feelin' it because of the beat... but out of my love for Swizzy I can't knock it no matter how hard i try. Some people have been trying to explain to me that Nicki is dissing all of her haters, specifically Lil' Kim - but I don't usually read into that bullsh*t.

No comments:

Post a Comment